MacDiarmid Institute business scholarships for alumni
The MacDiarmid Institute is offering a limited number of competitive scholarships for alumni to undertake further postgraduate study in business-related areas. These could be short or long-term courses.
This call is open to alumni who completed their PhD or postdoctoral fellowship under the supervision of a MacDiarmid Institute investigator.
These scholarships can be used for qualifications including Master of Business Administration, Master of Innovation and Commercialisation, and other qualifications and courses relating to business, innovation, and entrepreneurship. These scholarships are intended to be used at New Zealand tertiary institutions, however, international study may be also considered if an exceptional case is made. It is intended that the scholarships will cover tuition fees, and stipends may also be considered in the case of full-time study.
Applications must include a Curriculum Vitae and an application statement. This statement (up to two pages) should address;
- details of the proposed study, including justification of proposed course/degree and tertiary institution;
- budget and justification;
- the candidate’s career development to date and future aspirations;
- how the proposed study will benefit New Zealand industry;
- the extent of previous engagement with the MacDiarmid Institute.
Applications are due by 1 October 2017 and should be sent by email to;
Associate Professor Justin Hodgkiss
Deputy Director, Commercialisation and Industry Engagement