January 13, 2019 - 5:00 pm
January 18, 2019 - 12:00 pm
Thank you for your interest regarding the MacDiarmid Institute DiscoveryCamp event in January 2019.
The application link is now open.
- DiscoveryCamp is open to current year 12 & 13 students only
- Applications are now open
- Applications close 9 September
- All applications must be submitted online
- All applications must include the academic documents specified in the online application form. No other documents should be uploaded
- Once you have submitted your application, in fairness to other applicants, the processing team and selection panel, please do not contact us for a status update, or to check that your documents have uploaded correctly. If we require anything further we will contact you; otherwise we have all the information we need
- We will contact your nominated teacher directly for a reference during the selection process. You must not contact your teacher directly for this reference. Please do not contact us to check the status of this reference; we will manage that process directly with your teacher
- All applicants will be notified of outcome by late October
Things to do prior to starting your DiscoveryCamp application:
Before starting your DiscoveryCamp application, you must make sure you have all information to hand. This is important because you cannot return later to add missing information.
You will need:
- Contact details (phone and email) for
- your parent or other guardian
- your nominated referee teacher
- Your school address (physical address, not PO)
- A copy of your formal NCEA results (or equivalent)
Please include copies of any awards/scholarships/prizes (if applicable)
- Submit all documents as ONE COMPLETE PDF FILE
- Name your file as follows: SURNAME-FirstName-Date-DISCOVERY
- Include only those documents requested above. You must not submit anything further
- Your Statement of Motivation
We require a short paragraph outlining your reasons for applying for nanocamp and what you hope to achieve
If you have any further enquiries not covered by the above information you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise thank you for your patience at this busy time; we will respond to your email as soon as possible.
We wish you the best of luck with your application!
While you are here why not find out more about DiscoveryCamp?
Find out more –
Watch the short video the January 2018 DiscoveryCamp students made: